Brew N Chew, Saturday August 23, 2014
The Burroughs Community Center, which is located at 2470 Fairfield Avenue, Bridgeport, will be the site of the Brew N Chew on Saturday, August 23rd from 2pm to 5pm. Seven Brewing/Foodie teams will battle for the title of “Brew N Chew Champions”. The teams will pair food that have made with homebrew that they have brewed. The audience will vote for the best pairing, best beer and best food. Maltose Express will give a demonstration on brewing beer and will also serve samples of homebrew. Admission is $25 and the proceeds will go to support the Burroughs Community Center. Contact Sarah Nylund at nylunds14@gmail or call 203 334-0293 for information.
If you are interested in being one of the competitors in this event:
Each team will receive $50 for expenses!
- Craft Butchery Class $200 value (for 2 people)
- Walrus + Carpenter $50 Gift Certificate
- Craft 260 $50 Gift Certificate
- Tutto Pasta $40 Gift Certificate
- Pine Creek Deli $50 Gift Certificate
- Fairfield Cheese Co. $25 Gift Certificate
- Each team must have a name
- Each team will be made up of 1-4 people.
- Each team may enter only one beer/food pairing. Nothing else may be served.
- A single person may be a member of more than one team but two or more people together may not be members of more than one team.
- 5 gallon batch of homebrew
- All necessary draft dispense equipment (if packaging in keg)
- 150 bite size food servings
Important Prep Note
There is a kitchen facility at the Burroughs that can be utilized for food prep. We have plenty of cold storage and we will also provide ice/buckets, glassware, dump buckets, plasticware, paper plates, napkins. If you plan on serving your food hot, we have chafing dishes to keep it hot as well as a large oven that can be used to heat thing up from cold storage.
Register your Team (Call or Email following info)
- Team name
- Team members’ names
- Description of Beer and food Pairing
- Contact number and email